[support] Malware issues- is there any permanent solution

dd at sucuri.net dd at sucuri.net
Tue Apr 20 11:05:01 UTC 2010

Hey,

You removed the issue, but didn't fix the problem. When you remove the
malware, you also have
to do the following:

-Clean your desktop (run multiple AVs if needed). Lots of
desktop-based virus are stealing FTP
passwords stored on FTP clients to infected web sites.
-Change your passwords
-Update your installation. Are you using an old version?
-Attackers always leave backdoors (90% of the time), to be able to get
back to your site
easily. Check for PHP scripts in there that you didn't add and that
are not part of the default install...
The best bet is to download your whole site and do a diff between it
and a clean install version.

Thanks,

David Dede, http://sucuri.net