[support] Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the siteadministrator if the problem persists.

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 18:57:58 UTC 2010

I changed the smtp_port from 110 to 25 within php.ini and now the
emails are sent.

At the point that the emails are successfully sent within Drupal I now
get a different drupal error message:

    * warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 554 5.5.1 Error: no valid
recipients in C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\drupal\includes\mail.inc on line
193.
    * Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the site administrator if
the problem persists.

John

On 4/21/10, Tim Kehres <tim at kehres.com> wrote:
> FYI - port 110 is the standard port for POP3.   SMTP uses port 25.  When you
> are using port 25 are you sure you are specifying the correct host to
> connect to?  Can the local name service resolve this name properly?   Can
> you connect directly using telnet (to port 25)?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> -- Tim

John J. Mitchell