[support] multiple sites on one domain

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 22 08:12:08 UTC 2010

I have a single user system and need to work on 2 quite different sites
on my home pc before transferring them to the isp .

Where can I find instructions on how to set up and work on 2 quite
separate web pages.
I guess they will use the same database so how would I separate each
site so the components and database info can be transferred to a live
ISP site.
At present I have separate drupal installations.

I believe there is a way to have one theme-set as the shop front - main
page that everyone sees and another theme-set of pages for members.
Where can I get instructions for beginners about this please.

Off subject--
Is it worth going over to Drupal 7 now instead of having to upgrade down
the track.

TIA
Roger