[support] views2 frontpage

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 16:59:23 UTC 2010

views theming can be done in three ways.

1.) use an inspector like firefox's firebug to check the css that is
generated and edit the css class for that element in to be bold

2.) if you are using display:fields then click on the title, click
rewrite output and but <b></b> around the token for the title [most
likely <b>[title]</b>

if you are using display:node then you need to find the node.tpl.php for
that node type, and change the php to wrap the title in the tags you
need [or change the H2 or H3 setting in your CSS to be bold]

3.) finally, you can also theme the views output dramatically further by
click on the link "theming information" in your view, identify the
field's name, determine what level you want to them at [all titles, or
just this theme's title] and then create the php file it tells you to
make, paste into that new file the content it shows you as the "base"
content, and then open that file from your theme folder [the file you
just made]

In that file, you will not see much, just a 'print $output' you can now
wrap that output in what ever you want, say between some H tags.

If you need to affect the fields at a higher level, you will need to
also [or instead] modify the styl and/or row theme for your view [or
group of views]

Also note that if you use a 'tag' for your views, the tag will be a part
of the suggest theme, so you can group and style several views based on
a tag level.

For most people, doing simple theming, option 1 or 2 will work just
fine. Option may not give you the right markup though, as headers really
need to be between H tags if you want to make your page properly indexed
for search engines.