[support] What is the best shopping module for Drupal 6?

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 18:05:42 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Bob Morse <bob at morsemedia.net> wrote:
> You might want to look at Magento: http://drupal.org/project/magento
>
> Ubercart, I believe, is being rewritten for D7. So, I am hoping that
> will improve things.

On the contrary, I believe that Ubercart is being directly forward
ported for Drupal 7 to be a functional match between Ubercart 6.x-2
and Ubercart for 7.x The main developer here is Lyle Mantooth who
works for Prima Restaurant Supply.

On the other hand the brand new Drupal Commerce project -
http://drupal.org/project/commerce - is being rewritten for Drupal 7.
The main developer is Ryan Szrama of Commerce Guys.

It's somewhat worth mentioning that while it has had recent commits
the http://drupal.org/project/ecommerce is not seeing movement toward
Drupal 7 just yet.

Regards,
Greg