[support] Preprocessing CCK

Brian Choc bchoc at t4tcolorado.org
Sun Apr 25 20:32:59 UTC 2010

Greetings,

Theming video information (using embedded media & video fields) at the level
of the Node template has been pretty reasonable, despite different video
formats, because CCK puts handy #view variables in $node.

However, I'm trying to use a Page preprocessor to pull some CCK video
information at the page level using node_load, and it appears these #view
variables have not been created at that point.  This has lead me to start
writing code to identify and interpret different video types, which (after
just one video service type) has lead me to believe there must be a better
way.

Is there a good way to access or create the #view variables within Page
preprocessing, or am I simply off-base in this approach?

Thanks,
Brian