[support] Accounts w/no email address

Mukesh Agarwal mike4u4ever2001 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 19:54:44 UTC 2010

Yes, I think I second William's idea to set a random email address for your
site (xxxxxx at example.com). You could also set the type for the email address
field to be hidden which means it is still required but has a default value.
Also, the random value should not be repeated as drupal will consider it to
be 2 accounts with same email address and will not permit it. However, I
still think this is not the best option and D7 should incorporate a facility
to allow registration without specifying email address (the use case is not
wide but still exists)

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:17 AM, William Smith <william.darren at gmail.com>wrote:

> I believe I've done this in the past by implementing a form_alter in a
> custom module and setting the email field to a random string of characters.
>
> William
>

> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Luke <drupal at lists.tacticus.com> wrote:
>
>> I've googled a bit for this.  Other than some old patching-core
>> discussions from 2008, I didn't come up with anything.
>>
>> The ability to create accounts without email addresses in D6 is required.
>> Is there a module with this capability?
>> It would have to permit accounts to get email addresses later (although we
>> could do that via CCK if necessary).
>>
>> This needs to be a regular module, not a core patch or hack of any kind,
>> as I will not be maintaining this site going forward, and short of
>> upgrades, I do not expect the future maintainer to be capable of migrating
>> custom code.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Luke
>> --