[support] Limit editing of custom cck fields

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 18:52:25 UTC 2010

Mutuku,

It is 100% possible to do what you want, your errors can only be due to
misconfiguration.

If you get a denied message, then it means that you need to ensure that
they can edit that content type.

If you make a field viewable, but not editable, it will then not appear
as part of the edit form.

You don't need to give someone super admin rights to edit any node, just
the rights to edit that specific node.

If you are missing links for that person to reach the node's edit form,
then this is a separate problem, resolved by adding node edit links to
the node.tpl.php and/or to the view [Node:edit node link]