[support] how to make Drupal look at a DB table for searching vs custom search

spartaguy spartaguy spartaguy300 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 00:42:26 UTC 2010

Hi

I am trying to implement an internal search function. Drupal's search only
displays
site content it knows about.

However I am trying to index dynamic DB data from my own custom table.

Whats the best way to do this?

Should I use a drop down menu and search on fields like name,address,area
etc?
Or can drupal do this for me using its own search and some extra tweaking?

thanks,

Paul

<?php

$sql="SELECT * FROM {catalog}";
$result = pager_query($sql, $limit = 10, $element = 0, $count_query = NULL);

   while ($row = db_fetch_object($result))
   {

    $fields = array(); // define empty array
    array_push($fields,$row); // push row object onto the array
   print("Print Object <br>");
    print_r($row);

}

?>