[support] Comment Moderation

Nilesh Govindarajan lists at itech7.com
Tue Feb 16 13:06:24 UTC 2010

On 02/16/2010 05:36 PM, Jim Tarvid wrote:
> admin/user/permissions
>
> administer comments
>
> I grant permission to "admin" and "trusted user"
>
> I use a combination of mollom and ht:bl to suppress spam and modr8 to
> route submissions to approbal queue and modr8_bypass for "admin" and
> "trusted user".
>
> Not too bad on a low volume site; would be a nightmare on a high volume
> site with open registration.
>
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Nilesh Govindarajan <lists at itech7.com
> <mailto:lists at itech7.com>> wrote:
>
>     How to enable moderation of comments by a role ?
>     Is granting administer comments safe for that purpose ? (I don't
>     think so).
>
>     --
>     Nilesh Govindarajan
>     Site & Server Adminstrator
>     www.itech7.com <http://www.itech7.com>
>     --
>     [ Drupal support list | http://lists.drupal.org/ ]
>

> --
> Rev. Jim Tarvid, PCA
> http://ls.net
> http://drupal.ls.net
> http://crossleft.org

Hmm, looks good, but not suitable for me. modr8 doesn't work for me
anyways. Also spambot module filters spam from bots (most common
nuisance creators).

For moderation of content, I use a combination of Node_Expire, Views,
and Rules, but it doesn't seem to work with comments (have to retry).

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Adminstrator