[support] Views Question - Adding Tabs to a View

Moses Elias (2) iom at netvision.net.il
Thu Feb 18 14:04:06 UTC 2010

In OG (Organic Groups), the og path displays a list of all available
groups. The "group title" on the groups (og) page is a link. This link
links to the group home page by calling the og_ghp_ron (Organic Groups
River of News) view.

By default the og_ghp_ron view does not have a Path Display associated
with it. I need to override the Default Display and add a Page Display
to the view, because I want to customize the og_ghp_ron view in order to
add tabs at the top (such as Tab A, Tab B, etc.). (Tabs require that you
define a path.)

The moment I add a Page Display to the og_ghp_ron view, the "group
title" on the og page that linked to the og_ghp_ron view that was
called, doesn't call the Page Display (with the tabs -- I just defined).
Instead it calls the original Default Display (without the tabs) of the
og_ghp_ron view. So naturally I can't define any tabs for the view!

How do I get the og view that called the Group Home Page view
(og_ghp_ron), to call the Page display instead of the Default Display.

Any ideas appreciated?

Thanks!
Moses