[support] Showing same block in different regions.

Gottwig, Jeremy M. (GSFC-272.0)[ZIMMERMAN & ASSOC.] jeremy.m.gottwig at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 18 19:38:59 UTC 2010

I'm fairly new to Drupal, but I just ran into this issue in relationship to a module I'm building.  I got around it by defining two different blocks in hook_block but having them point to the same content function.

Not sure if this is an ideal solution, but it seems to work pretty well if you need something like this in a custom module.

That said, I wasn't aware that multiblock existed and probably would have gone that route had I known about it.

From: support-bounces at drupal.org [mailto:support-bounces at drupal.org] On Behalf Of Dipen
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 12:42 PM
To: support at drupal.org
Subject: [support] Showing same block in different regions.

Hi,

 Its interesting how drupal use cases stumps you even after years. I was wondering how would one place the same block (lets say user login block) in different regions on different pages (block visibility) in the same theme of course. This question just popped without any req for client work, so there is no urgency but yeah it would be great to know solutions to this use case. I found http://drupal.org/project/multiblock  which allows you to create multiple instances, I dont know the internals so dont know how efficient it is, though usage statistics are pretty good for this module.

Does anyone know of other approaches?

Cheers
Dipen