[support] Trying to access/edit "user/login" form as Admin, but locked out: "You are not authorized to access this page."

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Wed Jun 2 18:35:12 UTC 2010

Yep there's a similar issue posted on the formdefaults issue queue that
talks about this with regard to the user registration form.  The only
real way around it is to temporarily grant the "change form labels"
privilege to the anonymous user.  I'd recommend doing this on a
development site (not on the internet) and then use the new
export/import functionality to move it between sites.

You may need the dev version of formdefaults to accomplish that. It's
pretty stable now.  I just haven't had time to roll a new beta yet.
I'll try to get that soon.

@Earnie - FYI  Formdefaults is a module that implements a generic
form_alter hook to change the titles, descriptions and weights for forms
items of any other form.

Dave