[support] jquery ajax issue

Scott scott at bscottholmes.com
Mon Jun 7 17:22:44 UTC 2010

I don't know if this is strictly a jquery issue or drupal's.  I have an
ajax call:

  $.ajax({
    type: 'get',
    url: URL,
    data: refined_url,
    dataType: 'html',
    success: function (data, textStatus, XMLHttpRequest) {
      document.getElementById('search_result_page').innerHTML = data;
    },
    error:function (xhr, ajaxOptions, thrownError){
                    alert(xhr.status);
                    alert(xhr.statusText);
                    alert(xhr.responseText);
                }
  }); // end ajax method

The problem seems to be that the URL value used by ajax is a
concatenation of the current directory and the URL value I supply.  Say
the URL I supply is 'sites/all/modules/mymodule/wrapper.php'  (this is a
concatenation of drupal_get_path('module', 'mymodule') and the
wrapper.php file). Ajax wants to make it
'node/sites/all/modules/mymodule/wrapper.php'.  This of course results
in a 404 error.

I have checked the value of URL with alert(URL) immediately before the
ajax call and the variable contains the correct value. Online
documentation mentions that ajax uses the current directory by default.
I want it to use the string I provide.