[support] User non-editable profile fields: howto?

Jarry mr.jarry at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:08:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm looking for a module which would allow me to define
some user profile fields, which would not be editable
by user itself, but only by users of some higher role.

As an example, let's consider an user of "student" role,
which could not edit his own "skill" profile field (any
single value from "poor|good|exelent" list), only users
of a higher "teacher" role could do that for him.

Is there any module suitable for this? Or how could
I accomplish this?

Jarry