[support] View / Node in content/sidebar

Brian Choc bchoc at t4tcolorado.org
Tue Jun 8 22:21:11 UTC 2010

Here's what comes to my mind.

Include (but not display) in the list View the details of the event (so you
get the variable for later use).  In the sidebar, have an empty DIV
(probably with ID) waiting.  Then, inside the field template file for the
title (or whatever is showing in the list view) modify it to replace
the contents of the (empty) DIV with the (not displayed) event details.  If
JavaScript is unavilable, you could easily include some NOSCRIPT so it opens
as regular link to the details page too so it degrades nicely.

Hope that makes sense and maybe helps as a starting place
Brian