[support] Font Management in Drupal 6

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Fri Jun 11 14:40:10 UTC 2010

I am sorry if this is out of scope of the Support list but I am trying to
figure out how to implement this on a Drupal site and hope someone out there
has maybe done this before.

For a client site we have CCK fields in Hebrew. These fields need to be on
the same nodes as the English nodes and are not translated content, it is
content related to the English.

The problem is we also want everyone to be able to read the Hebrew without
having to download a font.  We can get Hebrew characters displayed but what
we are looking to do is to include the vowels and some browsers put the
vowels next to the letter rather than under the letters when we use Hebrew
characters in fonts they should have.

We have looked at options like Render (http://drupal.org/project/render)
which uses sIFR but that looks like it has problems with Hebrew and the
Google Font API does not have Hebrew support yet.

If anyone has any advice for this, my team and I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Kessler

Denver DataMan

303-587-4428

 <http://www.denverdataman.com/denver-dataman-e-newsletter-signup> Sign up
for the Denver DataMan Free eNewslettter

"Getting the right information, to the right people, at the right time"