[support] View Relationships Question

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Sun Jun 13 22:29:19 UTC 2010

I have a resource node type that references the author(s) of the post via a
node reference CCK field.  The authors are not necessarily still living or
using the site so they are just an author node type that has nothing to do
with Drupal users.  We want to be able to sort the resources by authors last
name  that is stored in the node for the author.

Right now the node reference is based on title which is a concatenation of
the title, first name, last name and suffix fields so it would be hard to
write a regular expression to do this off of the title. We have examples of
authors with and without middle names for example.

I was thinking I could just create a relationship and then sort on the
relationship but I don't see this as an option in views.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Kessler

Denver DataMan

303-587-4428

 <http://www.denverdataman.com/denver-dataman-e-newsletter-signup> Sign up
for the Denver DataMan Free eNewslettter

"Getting the right information, to the right people, at the right time"