[support] Getting Control of Spiders...

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Fri Jun 18 22:36:25 UTC 2010

.htaccess.

robots.txt is optional, and not all bots respect it, or even check for it. I'd also wager that it's not bots but scripts trying to find many of those files and execute exploits. install.php? Where would a search engine bot find a link to that, or CHANGELOG.txt?

Alternatively, you could just put all the file back in place ;)

-Mike
Michael Prasuhn
503.512.0822 office
mike at mikeyp.net