[support] web site is off - but not only for masteradmin?

KOBA | Hans Rossel hans.rossel at koba.be
Sat Jun 19 15:07:00 UTC 2010

Check the permission "administer site configuration" for role owner.

I would recommend though to use .htaccess to make sure the site is not seen
while developing. Google for ".htaccess protect directory". Then you don't
have to put the site offline in Drupal. It's just a few lines of code but
has the advantage that you can also see how your site will look for
anonymous users when finished.

Hans

2010/6/19 Afan Pasalic <afan at afan.net>

> Hi all,
> I put website "under maintenance" so nobody can see while I'm developing.
> Though,m I would like to show my "client" what have I done without
> making the site live.
> Is it possible to "extend" permission that e.g. "owner" role can also
> see the website while off?
>
> Thanks,
> Afan

Hans Rossel