[support] Disappearing CCK fields

Neil Coghlan neil at esl-lounge.com
Sat Jun 19 16:13:03 UTC 2010

I have a content type with three CCK fields: description, address and type. I have made a custom module with form_alter changing certain aspects of these fields on the node create form...wrapping them in a css class, altering the description, weight, etc.

I noticed today that the custom module was not only not having an effect but that the CCK fields themselves had disappeared from the node create form. Odd! I disabled the custom module and back they came.

then I rolled the database back about 10 days, reinstalled the custom module and everything was working fine. So now I am trying to work out what is different between the june 3rd sql dump and the june 18th sql dump and it's driving me crazy. I don't think the custom module is the problem as it's just a 10 line form_alter function that was working perfectly until some point between june 3rd and 18th.

The other thing is in that custom module, today I put the following to find out what fields/variables were in the form:

  print $form_id;
  $form['form_array'] = array(
    '#value' => '<pre>'. print_r($form, 1) .'</pre>',
    '#weight' => '99',
  );

with the june 3rd sql dump, I'm getting all the CCK fields printed below, showing me all the arrays and variables I can access and alter. In the june 18th sql dump, none of that is coming up at all. It's as if they don't exist. When I go to Content Types, everything is normal, the fields are there, etc.

Has anyone heard of something like this before? Any clues where I could start looking?

Neil