[support] Views 2 arguments and Validator options?

Kevin Davison kevin at quevin.com
Wed Jun 23 18:12:58 UTC 2010

Fellow Drupalers,

My project uses Views 2 and the Table Wizard (project/tw) with an external database. The decision is to use this process to build pages based entirely on Views of data from tables in this other database, and not from nodes (or data in Drupal's DB).

The URL structure for these pages would utilize arguments in the same URL positions:

* /first/second/third/

One section may be /first/second/, while another context would be the same URL structure, yet with different content. Easy enough to do with a static website and directory structure.

Is "PHP Code" validation on the arguments (within the Views UI) where I should focus my attention?

I could validate upon a few example sets of data with PHP:

* State (CA): /first/CA/[title]
* Industry (Construction): /first/Construction/[title]
* City, SIC code, etc.

Does this seem like the right direction? Am I missing some general point that's obvious to you?

I have searched for more detailed information on Drupal.org (and Google), but this seems limited. Especially since I'm using Table Wizard with Views.

Thank you,

Kevin

---

Quevin, LLC