[support] How can I "move" drupal web-site to different vhost?

Jarry mr.jarry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 20:14:22 UTC 2010

Hi, I'm facing this problem:

I want to move my drupal site to different vhost, but
only necessary files (content, modules, configuration).
Drupal on my old vhost is 6.16, the new one is 6.17
(just installed, no configuration done) so I do not want
to overwrite new drupal installation with my old one.

In <drupal_root> on my old vhost there are these
sub-directories and files:

/files  /includes  /misc  /modules  /profiles
/scripts  /sites  /themes

.htaccess cron.php index.php install.php robots.txt
update.php xmlrpc.php

What should I move to the new vhost? <drupal_root>/sites
and <drupal_root>/profiles/translations ,that is clear.
Anything more?

I suppose permissions should not be big problem. These are
actually two virtual hosts on the same apache server, so pure
"mv" should do the job just fine. Is there anything more
I should be aware of?

Jarry