[support] urgently need help for Site off-line error

Qiubo Su (David Su) qiubosu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 20:59:15 UTC 2010

hello Christopher,

i run apt-get install --reinstall mysql-server and start /etc/init.d/mysql
start, but still got the same error "ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to
local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)".

i even create /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock file and then restart mysql, but
the mysqld.sock file disappear and get the same error.

i got this problem when i finished install/configure drupal site and make it
up and running, can browse the drupal site, loging from phpmyadmin, run
/etc/init.d/mysql start without any issue, log to mysql from command line
without any issue, then i restart the VM (use VM for this), then got the
above problem.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:24 AM, Christopher M. Jones <cjones at partialflow.com