[support] page layout

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Fri Nov 19 20:08:12 UTC 2010

The solution to the problem of updates is to make a sub theme of some
other one. It borrows everything from its progenitor except the stuff
that's overridden.

If you do it this way then your parent theme can get upgraded without
overwriting your modifications. You would have to do some adjusting in
case the new parent theme is no longer compatible with your sub theme.
But this is usually trivial.

I use Zen pretty much all the time, and this is standard practice with
that theme.