[support] Consumer review site

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Thu Nov 25 21:07:33 UTC 2010

To build a site like what you are talking about can be done in Drupal and
can be done well in Drupal.

Drupal has the ability to add content with rich categorization like the site
you listed bellow. Look a views (http://drupal.org/project/views) to make
the listings.  Look at Fivestar (http://drupal.org/project/fivestar) to do
reviews.

It has functionality for users and user management.

You can do search in Drupal "out of the box" or you can also use tools like
Apache Solr to do cooler search.

These are many modules for ads but you may want to look at
http://drupal.org/project/google_admanager

Hope this helps.

-Steve

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Taymour A. El Erian <telerian at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have searched the forums for this but can't find a definitive answer so
> am relying on you guys to help. I want to create a products review site
> similar to http://www.reviewcentre.com/ using drupal and am not sure if it
> is the right portal to use. I have installed D6 and fiddled with it for a
> while (added some modules, like nice menus) but am not sure if I can get the
> functionality. Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> *Taymour*

Steve Kessler