[support] School Archiving

Ayath ULLAH ayath at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 23:29:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've been looking through my school's archives and have found records dating back to well over a hundred years.
It seems that nothing is in order and there is a lot to sort out.
I would like to publish the documents onto a website and make it accessible to he public.
I'd like to know if you know of Drupal applications which can be used to catalogue the data and make it searchable on a website. If there aren't any can you please suggest how I may be able toc reate my own.
As I'm quite new to this concept let me know what should actually be in the database/catalogue (obviously things sucha s title,description and date have to be in there)
I have alot of scanning to do- so I can publish everything.
I was thinking of maybe doing it with an OPAC or Documnet Mangement System on Drupal - but I can't find any that will do the job. I'd like people to view the documnets on the webpage or on a lightbox but I don't want anyne to downlaod the files.

Please let me know if you have any ideas, suggestions, comments.

Many Thanks,
ayathullah