[support] Auto subscribe all users to new forum topics

Jeff jeff at wildcoast.com
Sat Apr 2 11:47:22 UTC 2011

I must be missing something basic, but I've struggled with this for
ages, and the only way I can see to do it is to set the notification
in the database manually.

But that won't work for new topics as the notification needs the NID
which doesn't yet exist.

And using a wildcard: forum/* only confused the subscription settings
and returned a blank page with no database update.

I'm using Forum Access and Notifications modules on D6.

If I'm not mistaken OG Notifications can automatically subscribe group
members to all forums/content as a basic feature, but I haven't even
managed to get that to work either, and have spent hours trawling
through the settings.

Any pointers or preferred alternative methods greatly appreciated.

TIA
--
Jeff Brown

Tel:+27-74-101 5170