[support] Wierd theme problem

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 4 03:48:55 UTC 2011

I have never run into this before and have tried everything I can think of.
Hopefully someone here has a solution.

I have a site that has been upgraded from D5 to D6 (eventually to D7). I chose
not to try to upgrade the custom theme as it had way to many shortcomings. So I
decided it was closest to the Pixture Reloaded theme, which also has a D7
version already. With a bit of CSS, it looks great and very similar to the old
theme.

However, when someone views it on an uncustomized FF3, the content area ends up
to the right of the right sidebar. Using the zoom (CTRL + or -) one can
eventually get the content region back where it belongs. Changing FF to a 12
point default font will also get it right, but zooming out can cause it to
happen again. I would have believed this was a FF problem until I used someone
else's PC and IE8 where the problem happened in that browser too. I can't
reproduce it in Chrome.

So now I have to question the theme. It passes validation after I removed the
<em> tag from the site-slogan. So there are no broken div's or tables. I have
deliberately removed the initial font-size so that the user's browser is in
charge. All other font-sizes are relative.

Any ideas how to fix this?

The only starter theme I have any experience with is Zen, and don't know if I
have enough time to build a new sub-theme (maybe one or two days). But I am
strongly considering that approach to the problem.

Nancy