[support] Drupal 7 Multisites problem somewhere?

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Sat Apr 9 13:57:43 UTC 2011

You've stated that you're navigating to "http://localhost/drupal7b3", but that
the directory name is "/drupal7/", so there is some incorrect information in
your post.

If I'm understanding what you posted correctly (and taking into account that
some of the information you presented is inconsistent), your web server is
configured to show "/var/www/html" as it's root, which is represented in
your browser as "http://localhost/".

In the "/var/www/html" path you have the "drupal7" directory, so that
navigating to "http://localhost/drupal7" gives you the actual Drupal
installation, using the default Drupal configuration found in Drupal's
"/sites/default/" directory.

"http://localhost/site_au" shows "Not Found" because you don't have the
"/var/www/html/site_au" path on your computer (that is also why you're
getting the first error in your "/var/log/httpd/site_au.org-error_log" file.
You also don't have the "site_au" directory in the "/var/www/html/drupal7"
directory, nor do you have Drupal configured to use the "site_au" path for
anything, which is why you're getting the second error in your Apache log.

Drupal isn't going to use the configuration in "/drupal7/sites/site_au.org",
since Apache isn't configured to serve "http://site_au.org".

It will be easier to help you if you tell us what you're trying to do. I can't
tell you what to do, because it seems you are trying to go down two different
paths simultaneously, and I don't know which one you actually want.

Also, if you're really using Drupal 7 beta 3, you should stop what you're
doing, remove it now, download and install Drupal 7.0 from
http://drupal.org/project/drupal, and start over from there.

--
Jason Flatt
Custom Website development solutions: http://www.oadaeh.net/