[support] River of news and contextual analysis

Usamah M. Ali usamah1228 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 19:06:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Ted <ted-drupalists at webfirst.com> wrote:

> On 4/19/2011 5:42 AM, Stereotactic wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am a moderator on a forum focusing on Oncology (Cancer Specialties).
> > We are in the process of moving to Drupal 7 based web site.
> >
> > One of the key features that we are looking for is Oncology News.
> > However, given the huge number of publications/blog posts/ Twitter
> > Feeds, we are in a fix because the volume of information to be
> > aggregated is huge.
> >
> > I am looking for :
> >
> > 1) Some solution to parse these feeds, categorize them automatically,
> > analyze the context in the text of the feeds (usually abstracts
> > delivered in the feeds), and extract tag clouds.
>
> You can do this with a combination of Feeds or FeedAPI and some
> auto-tagging modules, but you'll probably need some custom programming
> as well.
>
> http://drupal.org/project/feeds
> http://drupal.org/project/feedapi
>
> http://drupal.org/project/autocategorise
> http://drupal.org/project/autotag
> http://drupal.org/project/autotagging
> http://drupal.org/project/extractor
> http://drupal.org/project/tagging
> http://drupal.org/project/yahoo_terms
> > 2) These tags then may then be analyzed how they are linked to each
> other.
> >
> > 3) The most relevant paper (abstract/blog post) should then be able to
> > bubble up to the top of the pile (and show as related posts).
> >
> > 4) We have implemented a system of rewarding the users with points so an
> > element of human curation would be available to the most relevant posts
> > in the proper category..essentially to rate the articles which have
> > "bubbled up to the top". The idea is that the users avoid the huge
> > volume of overload.
>
> http://drupal.org/project/userpoints
>
> > Is there any module in Drupal for this? (I dont have a programming
> > background- I am an Oncologist by profession).
> >
> > Thanks in advance!

In addition to the great list of modules provided by Ted, you may want to
look at Tattler, a Drupal-built monitoring tool developed by Phase2 that
allows a user to easily filter, organize and share content gathered from the
Web.

http://tattlerapp.com/

It's still in Beta, but I suppose it's pretty stable for production sites.

Regards,
Usamah