[support] Any dedicated server hosting to recommend ?

Nicolas Tostin nicolast at logis.com.mx
Wed Apr 27 14:51:37 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,
I'm currently managing some Drupal sites on a Rackspace cloud and I'm pretty
happy with their service. But as my sites are getting bigger and more
complex, they use quite some RAM. I still haven't been able to cut down the
number of modules but I have implemented different levels of caching to
reduce the load.

However, a 4GB instance on Rackspace cloud cost around 160USD/month, at this
price, I think it may be time to investigate for a dedicated server. In
Europe OVH offer powerfull dedicated server around 80USD/month
(http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/dedicated_offers.xml ), but I'd like to find
a similar offer in the USA.
Which dedicated server provider do you use for what cost and what service ?
What would be your recomendation ?
And bonus question, is there an easy way to migrate my system configuration
to a new host.

Thanks a lot.

Nicolas