[support] Favorite modules - recommendation

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 30 18:05:14 UTC 2011

From: Jeff

>> I have read that 7 is better and easier to learn for newbies.
And harder for "oldies." This may be the best reason not to go back.

> The one thing I like most about 7 is that user profiles ...
> can be taxonomy tagged.
Actually, the User Tags module allows this in D6 and works quite well.

> try to find nice themes that do everything for me.
> Not that I can't CSS,
A little CSS can transform a theme that you've seen before into something you
haven't.
I used to like Pixture Reloaded alot until we had a major problem on my last
gig.
Maybe it's not a problem, in D7. It does have Superfish built in and rounded
corners.

> So you get an instantaneous idea of popularity and traction.)
For themes, this could be bad as well if you're looking for something unique.
That's a good reason to learn some CSS.

> Facebook / Reddit / Digg (um.. whatever),  etc integration modules
> (Recommend/Like) are not on my priority list
Service Links works great for sharing.

> in the hope that others will recommend their favorite modules
If you insist: http://nanwich.com/drupal_collection/must_have_modules.html
also has a link to someone else's list.

Nancy