[support] Ajax error message

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Fri Dec 2 03:02:43 UTC 2011

I'm using Drupal 7 fresh install with latest module updates, no
additional themes.
I started getting error messages from the server yesterday and Drupal is
now painfully slow, 5-10 minutes to save a cck field or change a field
in a view or alter a field in the database.

The server is not overloaded 0.2%, Bigpond seems to be running ok
traceroute shown nothing of any note to worry about.
I'm using ubuntu and fedora 14 pc's
Firefox and epiphany both slow.
There are no suspicious <Reports><Recent Log Messages>
No <Status> faults

What should I be looking for and fixing?

Just now I got this Javascript error message and would like to ask for
some info on the "Internal Server Error" part of the message, got me
tossed...

Thankyou in advance for any help
Roger

An AJAX HTTP error occurred.
HTTP Result Code: 500
Debugging information follows.
StatusText: Internal Server Error
ResponseText: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
webmaster at eeexample.com and inform them of the time the error occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.</p>
in the server error log.</p>
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the
request.</p>