[support] Drush changes permissions and overwrites htaccess

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Sun Dec 16 01:47:05 UTC 2012

* Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com> [121215 14:42]:
> Drush is
>   changing permissions on the target root (@stage)
>     755 to 750
>   and
>     overwritting .htaccess (@stage)
>   When I run
>     drush rsync @dev @stage
> How can I prevent these two actions?
>
> As ever, I'm sure there is a documentation or discussion on these
> matters. I'm not clear from example.aliases.drushrc.php

 I have not been successful in excluding .htaccess using the alias
 file, but the --exclude-path command line option seems to work.
 I executed the following :
 drush -v --exclude-paths=".htaccess:robots.txt" rsync
 @lb.workstation @lb.hostmonster

 where '-v' gives me a look at what rsync is actually doing,
 and '--exclude-path' provides a string of file names delimited by
 ':' (colon) which should be ignored by drush.

 But drush is still changing permissions to 750 on the root
 directory on the remote server. This disables the site until I
 reset the permissions to 755.

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com