[support] Drush changes permissions and overwrites, htaccess

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Sun Dec 16 19:16:09 UTC 2012

* Daniel Germer <daniel at triple5.org> [121216 07:03]:
> This is not a problem of your permissions but of the owner of the files
> then,
> in linux
> the three parts for the permission system are for Owner - Group - World
> in a standard server setup the apache or whatever server serves your
> pages should be in the group, this can be www-data or www-server or similar.
> you can check which group by typing in
> $|ps aux | grep apache
  Hi Daniel :

  I appreciate the response, however - I do not believe that
  permissions should be permanently changed from the original
  nor do I feel that it is appropriate to change ownership of the
  site on that server.

  A simple fix is to use ssh to reset the permissions until I have a
  better handle on how drush works.

  thanks
--
Tim