[support] Multisite Paths

Sun Dec 16 22:23:09 UTC 2012

On 12/16/12 3:37 PM, Kenneth Jacker wrote:
> [ Ubuntu-12.04.1; Drupal-7.17 ]
>
> *ONE*
> I have a directory of images at,
>
>    /var/www/sites/example.com/images
>
> and a "Basic Page" node with this HTML within it:

> Going to the page and clicking on the "Jim" link, does display the
> image correctly.  However, the URL in my browser shows this:
>
>    http://example.com/sites/example.com/images/jim.jpg
>
> Shouldn't that be:
>
>    http://example.com/images/jim.jpg ?
>
> Why the extra, initial "example.com/sites"?
>

> *TWO*
> If I use this anchor instead,

> the browser bar displays
>
>     http://example.com/images/jim.jpg
>
> But the page produces this error message instead of the JPEG:
>
>      The requested URL "/images/jim.jpg" was not found on this server.
>

> Any help that you might provide is appreciated!
I think you misunderstand what multi-site does. your directory
sites/example.com is the directory that Drupal will look for for site
specific data (modules, themes, etc), in addition to sites/all for the
information for all sites, and the module and themes directories for
core files. Multi-site does NOT make the sites/example.com the "Document
Root" for the web server, if it did the the site could not access core
or all sites files.

--
Richard Damon