[support] Drush changes permissions and overwrites htaccess

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Tue Dec 18 16:52:41 UTC 2012

* Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> [121218 05:12]:
> Some host companies want you to do the wrong thing.  See
> https://my.hostmonster.com/cgi/help/594 for the suggested corrections.
>  You're probably correct about your client and ftp.  You might need to
> change the permissions on your client to get along with hostmonster
> service.

  Thanks Ernie. BTW: I don't see that `drush rsync` uses ftp at all
  - but that it uses the system rsync to tranfer files. Frankly I
	have never used rsync myself. I've never seen a FTP process
	change permissions on existing files, that I can recall.

  I'm still waiting to here back from the hostmonster techs. In the
  meantime either changing my client permissions or using ssh to
  reset the host permissions is a fix.

  cheers
--
Tim