[support] drupal sire is not working after migration

Sat Dec 22 04:31:31 UTC 2012

On 12/21/12 11:08 PM, Alok Singh Mahor wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 5:12 AM, Neil Adair <neiltadair at gmail.com
> <mailto:neiltadair at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     You might not have copied and restored the .htaccess file which
>     comes with Drupal.
>
>     Neil
>
> I copied and restored whole drupal folder so i guess there is no point
> of missing .htaccess file
> i used
> cp -r /var/www/drupal/ ~/DATA     (for backup)
> cp -r ~/DATA/drupal /var/www      (for restoring)

Note that cp does not copy "hidden" files (files that begin with .) by
default.
Since you specified /var/www/drupal/ (with the trailing /) it only
selected the "normal" files in that directory. I think if you had
specified the source as /var/www/drupal (with without the slash) then
you get the hidden files.

--
Richard Damon