[support] drupal sire is not working after migration

Sat Dec 22 05:17:59 UTC 2012

On 12/21/12 11:47 PM, Alok Singh Mahor wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Richard Damon
> <Richard at damon-family.org <mailto:Richard at damon-family.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 12/21/12 11:08 PM, Alok Singh Mahor wrote:
>>

>>     On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 5:12 AM, Neil Adair <neiltadair at gmail.com
>>     <mailto:neiltadair at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         You might not have copied and restored the .htaccess file
>>         which comes with Drupal.
>>
>>         Neil
>>
>>     I copied and restored whole drupal folder so i guess there is no
>>     point of missing .htaccess file
>>     i used
>>     cp -r /var/www/drupal/ ~/DATA     (for backup)
>>     cp -r ~/DATA/drupal /var/www      (for restoring)
>>
>     Note that cp does not copy "hidden" files (files that begin with
>     .) by default.
>     Since you specified /var/www/drupal/ (with the trailing /) it only
>     selected the "normal" files in that directory. I think if you had
>     specified the source as /var/www/drupal (with without the slash)
>     then you get the hidden files.
>
>  but I can clearly see .htaccess file in /var/www/drupal

You may have set a option to default to showing hidden files, or using a
different tool that shows them. On *nix systems, file names that begin
with . are special and considered "hidden", and many utilities do not
work on them by default. For example, ls the normal file listing tools,
only shows these files if you give the -a option.

--
Richard Damon