[support] Creating a blog using Drupal 7

KOBA | Hans Rossel hans.rossel at koba.be
Mon Jun 9 09:09:13 UTC 2014

Hi Keith,

Allthough using views will give you a lot more possibilities, it has also a
learning curve. Activating views will also make your site heavier and
slower.

So I would like to point out that what you want is also possible without
views. If your site is a blog site and you only want a blog content type
and one listing of blog items on /blog you could also do it without view
following the steps below.
- Go to Structure > Content types (admin/structure/types) and add your blog
content type. Edit each content type and remove in publishing options the
"promote to front page" setting, add it for blog.
- Go to configuration > site information
(admin/config/system/site-information) and set the default front page to
whatever other fixed page you like
- Go to configuration > url aliases (admin/config/search/path) and add an
alias "blog" for the existing system path "node"
- Your blog is now available at /blog, so add it to a menu
(admin/structure/menu).

Best regards,

Hans