[themes] Re: theme wishlist?

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Thu Mar 9 18:19:30 UTC 2006

I'm all over this one! I'm very interested in streamlining my theming
using no tables. I recently had to ditch my css-only approach on a
client project as they wanted too many little funny tweaks that ended
up breaking the layout (mostly in IE, but in Safari, too). In the
end, it's user experience that counts and so I plopped it into a
table and moved on. (Have I mentioned I hate IE?)

My own timeline is that first I have to clear the decks on existing
work.

I also have to get my CVS account functional. Before my last iMac
crashed, I had BBEdit and CVL working ... but could download only
projects A-C before it just stopped. I'm completely clueless when it
comes to CVS (and I'm already on the record in pointing out that this
ends up being a massive barrier to entry preventing most designers
from contributing to Drupal at all).

Anyway, great link, Larry!

Wish-list-wise, I think it's always good to see what other apps are
doing, what kind of new interactive widgets and memes are being
picked up by others.

Laura