[themes] A Lesson to learned from Mollie template

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Fri Mar 10 06:00:29 UTC 2006

I think it is an absolutely marvelous idea, however, I am not sure I have the experience and knowledge to code it. I think however, a diagnostic module that:

1. Has one of each node type defined in core
2. Has a few comment
3. Has a forum (and its replies)
4. Shows taxonomy terms
5. Shows all blocks in Core
6. Has some aggregated feeds
7. Is extendible (so that you can add blocks/nodes/whatever emitted from other modules)

should suffice for this purpose.

Regards,

Kobus

[...] Something like the pot file generator that would pull all the
themeable components into a single static html would be
invaluable timesaver and make life a lot more easier for many
themers.  In addition, it would make the presentation of
templates more clearer b/c people can see the themed site
instead of a screenshot.  Lastly, it make the themes more
consistent b/c every core elements of core would be themed
and we would won't end up with themes which choose to theme
some modules and not others.