[themes] List of ID and Class

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Wed May 3 14:02:12 UTC 2006

michel ziobudda morelli wrote:
> I want to know if exist a page ora a document that say me which are the
> ID and the Class CSS that drupal use.
Currently they come from too many places to document easily.
You have to remember that Drupal core, contrib modules and themes can all
define their own id's and classes, any list is therefore specific to each site.

This is something I think everyone agrees needs to be addressed - maybe
it'll be cleaner in 5.0 :)

For now you'll just have to use the right tools, for Firefox the following
extensions will help:

DOM Inspector
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/

Web Developer Toolbar
http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/

Firebug
http://www.joehewitt.com/software/firebug/

CSSViewer
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=2104&application=firefox

View Rendered Source Chart
http://jennifermadden.com/scripts/ViewRenderedSource.html

Aardvark
http://karmatics.com/aardvark/

X-Ray
http://www.designmeme.com/xray/

If you want a Drupal based tool take a look at my Themedev module:
http://drupal.org/project/themedev

And if you're on OSX tools like Xylescope can be very helpful:
http://www.culturedcode.com/xyle/

In fact since I registered Xylescope a few days ago I think Themedev.module
development will now cease.

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>