[themes] Drupal features page needs better description of theme

Izzet Pembeci pembeci at cs.jhu.edu
Fri May 5 18:46:29 UTC 2006

> Detailed information links to --> How to write themable modules:
> http://drupal.org/node/306
> ... (full text at the end)

I think this link becomes too much detailed considering the goal of the
features page is to give an idea about Drupal to CMS shoppers or who heard
Drupal first time and want to learn more. This node explains the themes system
mostly from the developer's point of view and too technical for the average
person who visits the features page.

Detailed information should give more information about themes and point to
visual examples. It is true that one of the strengths of Drupal is how modular
and well integrated its theming system and this point should be stressed. But I
believe this point should be made in a less technical way in the node where
detailed infromation links (there may be another link at that page to node/306
for the technically curious) and mainly by providing visual examples. Instead
of explaining the theme hooks from programming point of view, it'd be great if
we can add some screenshots which will be demostrate that how a module can
use Drupal's theming system (any suggestion for such a module?).

I can now appreciate and understand node/306 after using Drupal for my site but
if I were a first time visitor to Drupal.org what I'd here will be mostly blah
blah.

iZzeT