[themes] YUI library for themers

Theodore Serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Wed May 10 21:01:05 UTC 2006

The Yahoo! UI Library: Grids CSS ->

   http://com1.devnet.scd.yahoo.com/yui/grids/

So what does everyone think?

Upon my initial review, I'm liking this. With 3 files, it would be
relatively easy to ensure cross browser compatibility among basic
design and layout.

* grids.css - makes it super easy to specify a 1 - 4 column website.
By default this is fixed width for 800x600 browsers, but you could
easily tweak this.
* font.css - normalizes fonts across browsers
* reset.css - normalizes elements across browsers (h1, ul, li,
etc...), dealing with spacing and sizing

I think for many designs, these are pretty useful base CSS files to
build upon. I plan on testing these out in 2 upcoming sites I'm
working on.

And yes, the obvious caveat, this will never replace a true designer,
but for something quick and easy, I don't think you can go wrong.

ted