[themes] admin.css problem and question

John drupal.user at albin.net
Sun Apr 15 02:47:30 UTC 2007

I sent this earlier using the wrong email address. oops.

Hi Thomas,

I did a few quick calculations. 1em depends on the font and font-size
being used, but it is usually ~16px (the width of the M character in
that font/size).

The admin.css using these widths and margins (47% + 47% + 16px +
16px) can cause problems if the width of the content div is ~533px or
less. If you've got 2 sidebars on a 800px wide layout, you can easily
be less than 533px in your content area. One solution would be to
turn off all the blocks in one side bar by specifying "admin/*" in
the "Show on every page except the listed pages" option of those blocks.

If you need to modify the CSS, the best practice is not to change any
of the core Drupal files (it makes it easier to upgrade your Drupal
install), so you should make a copy of the pushbutton theme, put it
in /sites/all/themes/mypushbutton directory and then add these lines
to style.css:

div.admin .left
{
   margin-left: 10px;