[themes] Highlighting active leaf in book navigation.

Xamataca xamataca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 07:09:27 UTC 2007

I think, if I'm understanding it well, that you can do that with css.

Example:
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200501/turning_a_list_into_a_navigation_bar/

The quid is at step 10. This is done with diferent "id" for each <body> tag
(you probably will have to code some php to change it dinamically...).
This example uses list but you can use it with whatever element.

Greets (first post... back to lurk)
Heitor Real

On 28/06/07, Mark Hope <mark at markhope.net> wrote:

> On 28 Jun 2007, at 21:07, Jason Flatt wrote:
>
> On Thursday 28 June 2007 11:13:22 Stephen Wills wrote:
>
> I have css elements to color the individual page titles in the block
> book-navigation and as I hover over them they changes colors and all
> is right with the world except I would like to highlight the page
> title of the currently viewed page.  I am wondering if anyone knows a
> CSS trick that will redefine the .leaf class when the anchor element
> it encloses is of class=active?
>
> Thanks.
>

> This works for me:
>
> li a.active {
>   color: <whatever>;
> }
>

> That would target the a tag. I think Stephen wants to target the parent li
> tag when the child has a class of active?
>
> I don't think there is a way of doing that with CSS.
>
> Maybe there's a way of adding a class to the .leaf using php in
> template.php...
> http://drupal.org/node/72013
>

> Mark

Xamataca