[themes] Overriding menu_tree

Mark Ferree markferree at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:58:27 UTC 2007

Drupal by default uses the theme_menu_tree function to apply the class
"menu" to all menus throughout the site (except for primary and secondary
menus which use a different function).  When I did an override of the menu
in 4.7 the parent menu as well as the sub menus were changed, but as of
version 5 the only class that is changed is the class on the sub-menus.

I have been through the theme handbook several times, as well as searching
the forums and the archives of this list for anyone having similar issues.
I have a feeling that changing the class isn't something that is done very
often, due to the fact that you can easily modify your css to hook into the
correct "menu" class, unfortunately the javascript menu I am using (udm)
isn't as flexible.