[themes] Multi-Column Content: Drupal 6 Panels alternative

brendan hello at fresh-off.com
Thu Apr 24 03:21:07 UTC 2008

Whats good Themers?,

I just cleared up some time to start playing with D6 and in my
excitement didnt notice that there is no update for the Panels module.
Are there any alternatives for creating multi-column content with Drupal
6?  I've got a 2-column homepage design that needs a list of page
teasers on one side, and a node/page followed by a list of blog teasers
underneath it in the other column; both columns will need to be styled
extensively with CSS.  This site: http://www.flingmedia.com/, or my
current site for that matter, are similar in look/content arrangement to
what I'm trying to accomplish.  Any suggestions?

ooh.. In searching drupal.org, I found this discussion
(http://drupal.org/node/206962) which has a D6 Panels port - but the
author says its buggy.. and my php skills are kinda light.  I'm gonna
give it a try though...

Also, (and slightly off topic)  it seems to me like a multi-column
content option should have made it into Drupal's core a long time ago.
As a point of curiosity, was this  functionality something most
Dupaler's just weren't paticularly interested in in the past?

Thanks!!

--

*brendan, fresh-off.com*
Creative Direction & Consultation: Web | Print | Brand

*Office Hours 10am - 7pm, Mon-Fri*
http://fresh-off.com
hello at fresh-off.com <mailto:hello at fresh-off.com>
*206.328.1067*